GENERAL LABORER – Metropolitan Environmental Services Inc. - 5055 Nike Dr. Hilliard, OH
The Laborer is responsible for breaking up various types of deposits, which routinely build-up in the manufacturing processes of our customers, by using water blasting equipment. In addition, the Tech is responsible for the removal of those deposits through the use of high-suction industrial vacuum hoses, as well as manual shoveling. Technicians also perform other types of industrial cleaning as well.
These are full-time positions that offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Mail, email or fax resume. All replies held in strict confidence.
Areas of Responsibilty
- •Promotes Safety as the number one priority, and Quality as the number two priority on the job.
- •Assists in the pre-job loading of necessary supplies and equipment.
- •Inspects work areas prior to the job starting, and participates with the rest of the crew in the entire setup of the job.
- •Attends "Toolbox Safety Meetings" with entire crew prior to job start, including JSA review.
- •Utilizes all required equipment during the job in a safe and efficient manner; handles minor, routine maintenance issues on equipment as needed.
- •Accepts job assignment rotations at the jobsite and assists in cross-training of operators on proper operation of water blasting equipment.
- •Uses proper PPE at all times, and reports incidents/accidents immediately to the job-site supervisor. Reports damaged/missing PPE to the Safety Coordinator.
- •Shares in the responsibility of tearing down the entire job as a crew , which includes water blasting-related duties as well as all other aspects of the "teardown" process.
- •Fosters a "team approach" atmosphere, always displays a positive attitude, contributes to the "continuous improvement" philosophy, and accepts other duties as deemed necessary.
- •Helps to maintain positive customer relations for the company.
- •Ensures proper cleanup and housekeeping of the jobsite upon job completion.
- •Assists in cleaning out the vac truck when necessary.
- •Returns equipment and supplies back to their designated storage locations; cleans and maintains all equipment upon return to the shop.
- •"Red Tags" any equipment in need of repair/maintenance by the Mechanic.
- •Complies with all laws, company policies & procedures, and customer rules & regulations.
- •Possess and maintain a Valid Driver's License (no SR-22 bond).
- •Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- •Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- •Must be open to travel.
- •Be physically capable of routine lifting of 65 pounds; working in confined spaces using a full-face respirator, occasionally with bottled/supplied air working at heights of up to 150 feet.
- •Be mechanically inclined and possess good troubleshooting abilities.
- •Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English at a level sufficient to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in all situations.
- •Willingness to learn and comply with all laws, policies, and practices relating to safe working conditions and other government regulations.
Job Type: Full-time - 40+ hours a week, must be open to work days, nights, and weekends when needed.
Pay: $14-18 depending on experience.
- •High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- •Driver's License
Mail, email or fax resume. All replies held in strict confidence.
2500 W. Arthington Street
Chicago, IL 60612
Fax: (312) 666-5810